Jeff Martinek

Assistant Director, Missouri Southern State University Honors Program, Associate Poorflosser of Puppetry and Inkless Littlesure

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Turf Tavern---One of the Oldest in Oxford


We went to an ale tasting today at the Turf Tavern, one of the oldest and most popular pubs in Oxford. The grounds are right up against the old town wall, which---in one form or another---goes back to the days of King Alfred (9th Century).

The Turf keeps 11 hand pumped real ales on hand at all times---an amazing commitment to the public house tradition, requiring lots of expert, labor-intensive effort.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Del said...

I guess it was the Turf that I could see from James Bond's room, after all. I just forgot the name. It was a pub right up agains the old wall, just across the wall from Christchurch.

Dale

 

Post a Comment

<< Home