I'm Home
Just a quick post to let everyone know I made it home to Joplin on Saturday, July 23rd. I've got no luggage (it didn't make one of the connections) and it's 105 degrees, but at least I can go to sleep--finally!
I noticed that some of our students intend to keep blogging as their trips continue. Katie Hargrove has a post from London on what happened to her, Tessa, and Lindsey following their departure from Oxford. I'll be checking these and hope to see more from everyone as they travel more and as they come home and "digest" their experiences.

3 Comments:
Welcome back to the colonies old chap, fancy a cappucino? I know a Starbucks around the corner?
Uggh. They murder their poor coffee beans with excess roasting! It tastes bloody awful.
But I did crack open my bag of imported Italian Lavazza beans and put them through my Espresso machine for a very respectable cup.
By the way, there's a great cafe in the Loop called Meshuga. It's on Delmar about a block west of Skinker on the North side. We should meet for a coffee there the next time I'm in town, which will be quite often over the next year or so. I'm getting married in October, but my now-fiance/then-wife will still be "in residence" at Wash U, finishing her dissertation.
I love Meshuga, spend about 4 hours a weeks there, mostly on saturdays. Next time you're in town give me a call. I will email you my cell.
Post a Comment
<< Home